Your heart is a giver and a receiver. It puts out electrical energy and draws in magnetic energy. What we put out weather its love, fear, empathy, sadness and so forth it contains an incredible amount of power to shape and influence our reality.
When we feel love in our heart center we naturally emit the healing energy of compassion and we naturally attract love and compassion.
We can sense these energies while attending to the steady flow of your breath while paying attention to your heart area.
How to practice:
- Sit in any comfortable position, keeping your spine straight and your shoulders back and down.
- You can place a cushion under your sit bones for comfort and to help keep your spine straight.
- You can place your hands on your knees or comfortably on your lap, face your palms upwards (open to the universe).
- Close your eyes and breath in slowly and deeply, hold the breath in for 5-8 seconds and then breath out slowly releasing tension. Repeat this 5 times.
- Now the energy is clear, begin inhaling and exhaling slowly and deeply paying attention to every breath as it enters and leaves your body, paying special attention to your heart area.
- Imagine your heart opening every time the breath passes through your heart.
Practice this for 10 minutes a day for a week and notices the changes in yourself. look about you and inside of you and do your best to love whatever you see.