Mmmmm I love making this cake it’s so quick and easy and tastes amazing! You would never guess it was made from beetroot and kidney beans and I love seeing people’s faces when I tell them! Also it will be sure to impress any of your vegan or gluten free friends 🙂
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 3/4 cooked beets
- 2 bars of dark chocolate or vegan chocolate
- Coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of molasses or black treacle
- for the topping: use one of the bars of chocolate and you the get your creative juices flowing! I used raspberries and dairy free white chocolate drops.
How to make this…
- Grease your tin with some coconut oil
- Blend beets, kidney beans, baking powder, cocoa powder and molasses until smooth.
- Melt 1 bar of chocolate and one tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Stir chocolate into the mix.
- Poor into cake tin and bake at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes
- when it’s finished leave on a wire rack to cool.
- Make sure the cake is fully cooled down
- Melt one bar of chocolate and poor over cake
- Decorate however you like with whatever you like!!
- Leave in the fridge for the chocolate to set.
Love Taloola Peach 🙂 xx